Sunday, July 11, 2010

Okay, Okay, I'll Be Doing Some Writing

I just can't seem to find the words to express how wonderful my friends are, but if I could I would be typing them on my new iPad right now!!!!!!!!! What an unexpected and extravagant gift. Thanks and love to Mike, Al, Landow, Lewie, Becky, Brian, John John, Bobby, Stacy, Ryan, John, Kenna, Farren, Kevin, Jen-nay, KAK, Ani, Shane and Bill ... but mostly Shane! Haha. Sorry if I forgot anyone. You all know who you are.

Additionally I would like to thank everyone who has sent me emails, messages, and/or comments here. Your offers of assistance are invaluable and likely to be called in at some point; your positive thoughts, healing vibes, prayers and other appeals to deity are not only appreciated but received, absorbed and sent right back out into the world to do more good for other people. Keep it coming. I have a enormous sense of gratitude unparalleled by anything I've experienced ever before.

It's 3:40pm and I'm sitting here waiting for the apprehension and nervousness to attack. I am hoping it will creep up slowly, allowing me time to acknowledge it, battle it briefly and send it away. But I fear it will hit like lightning, a sudden and forceful onslaught of fear, confusion and helplessness. Once after scheduling calls with my surgery time and again when I'm lying on a gurney and a swarm of people start to poke and prod me.

Preparation is all I have left to do. I need to pack a bag to take care of all the physical things I'll need. Then I'll have a nice relaxing soak in the tub to do well by my mental state. I'm going to look at this like a mini-vacation. An extremely physically uncomfortable vacation, but a break from the everyday, nonetheless.

3 comments:

  1. Love you dear. Wish I was there as you go through everything but there's a good crew to back you up.

    Good luck with everything and I will see you when I get back.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with everything this week! You know we are all there with you!

    Love ya! Landow

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're very happy that the surgery went well. Rest up TT!
    Love ya! Farren & Kevin

    ReplyDelete